Thursday, March 29, 2012

as a cabin crew...


Ep.15

“I put all my genius into my life, I put only my talent into my works.” – Oscar Wilde.
Me for CX
Have been living my past 8 months as a cabin crew made me look back and think what influence that this job gave to me. Lots of my friend and my acquaintances asked me, wondering how wonderful life would be to be able to hop from place to place in a nick of time. I wouldn’t say that this job is for those who were “crybabies”, coz it took lots of courage and adaptation ability to become one. Mentally, you should be as hard as a rock. I would rather say, enroll to this job by having a thought that it would be an easy and laid-back job is a totally wrong motivation.

Since I became a cabin crew I realize some part of my life is changes. I try to list it out (take a deep breath) and here we go…
1.     I get used to eat my 4 course meal standing within 5-10 minutes in the galley looking up at the call light from time to time.
2.     I would pack my standard loading in my suitcase, at least 4-seasons attire.
3.     I got the whole box of pens that have different hotel names on them
4.     I can use up all 24-hour to the maximum extent.
5.     I remember date, but don’t ask me what day is today.
6.     I use my uniform as my warning. My own 2 sets of uniforms: fat and thin
7.     I got a short memory syndrome, easily forget where is my last flight.
8.     The first sentence when meet another crew: “Hi, where are you from?” or “Hi! Where are you flying?”
9.     Next: “What is your next flight?”
10.  Last: “Bye, have a good rest” or “Safe flight to you.”
11.  My body are covered in bruises from legs, armrests and elbows, but I forgot where did I get I from.
12.  Sometimes I forget where am I when I woke up in the morning.
13.  My body act faster than my brain.
14.  I refer to cities by their airport codes
15.  Everytime the door bell rings I look up at the ceiling.
16.  Minutes is become essentials.
17.  I can spot out an airplane from the ground above and tell the other person what airline it is!
18.  I have became a fire fighter, a nurse, a security officer and a server all in one!
19.  I am a GREAT multi - tasker!
20.  I have mastered the art of walking very quickly down the aisle and not catching anyone's eye.
21.  I start on cleaning and stack up my dishes after lunch or dinner in restaurant ( I know how it helps when my passenger put everything in order to clear up)
22.  Whenever I seat I look for the seatbelt.
23.  When my friends or family ask what time it is, I ask them in what time zone!
24.  Sometimes, I’m in an elevator in cant remember what floor I am supposed to go to, or what myroom number is.
25.  I can never make definite plans, before the roster out
26.  Whenever I am going out from the hotel on a layover I smile and nod to people I meet in the lifts... and I am not even in uniform!
27.  Toiletries are freebies.
28.  I have so much time off that I can write a blog.
29.  No matter how long the flight is I am always ready to go when I get to thedestination! On contrary, arriving Hong Kong I will definitely sleep.
30.  I have so many pictures, that sometimes I don't know where to find the picture I was looking for.
31.  I have mastered the art of putting on makeup in 15 minutes.
32.  I appreciate time at home with family and friends
33.  Suddenly proud of my home country, Indonesia.
34.  I always check on weather and can tell which jacket to wear on certain temperature
35.  I got a bunch of coins and currencies
36.  On every 16th of the month, when roster out, I will dedicated 3 hours just to do my swap and flight bidding.
37.  I always do groceries based on my day off.
38.  I love my dual time watch.
Being a cabin crew is fun, but beyond that fun, there are a lot of thing that I found interesting yet sometimes made me laugh at myself.
“Change is inevitable.” –Me.

4 comments:

  1. hii can i know what is the recruitment to be a cathay pacific stewardess? and im using softlens and behel, is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. for CX..i think they look more into your personality than your appearance,,well you're to be recruited as a cabin crew not a super model...:) some of my batchmates wear braces..and i, myself wear contact lenses.. it should be no problem. Cheers goodluck.:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sheila..I always wait a minute update from your blog :) I wonder how the opportunity for male to be recruited for CX FA vis a vis women? And what about acne scars on face, is it really a big deal for CX to decide? Need your reply very soon :)

    ReplyDelete